RenamerFairy v4.0 is compatible with Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP.
It can be installed as a shell-extension (appears on menu when you right-click
multiple files) or as a normal application.
Note: Thanks to Mr. Tooth of London There is one remaining bug that occurs if you use a sequence greater than 3 digits.
After applying the changes the application will insert commas into the number to
group the digits. You must remove the commas or it will cause an error interpreting
This bug will not be fixed since the new version has been rebuilt from the ground up and will be released shortly.
Changes in Version 4.0
- More bug-fixes.
- Added "Application Version" as an alternative to the shell-extension.
- A few minor aesthetic changes.
- Better installer.
Changes in Version 3.0
- Added "Undo" - ability to undo each step of the renaming process before
changes are applied to files.
- When renaming a file fails (usually due to invalid characters in the file
name) the window will remain open and allow you to change it
- Added a few UI niceties to make it a bit more user friendly
- RenamerFairy now remembers the values stored in each of the form elements
- Added option to make RenamerFairy always-on-top, could sometimes get hidden
beneath other AOT windows and cause problems.
- Added a configuration dialog to alter some settings:
- Enable/Disable Always On Top
- Enable/Disable Remember settings
- Improved select all/deselect all
- Added a nice (but very compact) setup program, no more dodgy .inf files
(thanks to NSIS)
- Added a proper Uninstall program (also courtesy of NSIS)